Facebook link

Myce - Shush - I'm asleep!

Myce - Shush - I'm asleep!
Gone but not forgotten

Sunday 21 March 2010

Distressed swap






These are the 3 pieces i created for the distressed swap on LOTS TO DO forum.
The first item is a plaque. I used distress inks to give some colour to the bottom layer and then stamped swirls around the edges. To get the background effect for the top layer I used Tim's technique of swiping distress ink over a craft sheet and then misting with water. I then just placed the card onto the wet ink and used a heat buddy to dry. when dry I splodged some crackle paint on the a small area and while still wet stamped into it. I added a distressed embossed embelishment in the corner.
The tags are made from using the background techniques from Tim's new book. They are a mix of dabber paint resist method and perfect pearl effects. I have not added any embellishments to them.
The last item is actually a small box. The backgrounds were made from using distress inks and then covering with gold perfect pearls, this gave it a glimmery shimmery effect. (the box is empty!)

6 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous swaps all of them, think my favourite is the first one really WOWs.

Carol said...

Gorgeous - see the mojo returned

mommabear said...

Caz they are stunning

crafty creations said...

Brilliant pieces Caz xx Hilda

Mags said...

Caz, these are stunning, I love the box, beautiful saying, very very true.

I colud always fill the box up! he he! :)

sam21ski said...

Fab pieces Caz, great to see you back into the swaps and the bloggin

Can't wait to get them and see them IRL

xxxxx